Search Page | Back to Results
The Director of Camp Harvest is responsible for the successful development and execution of dynamic programs and customized activities, which maximize the use of the camp facilities and enrich the lives of those whom the camp serves. This is a management position requiring extensive planning, management, organization and decision-making skills.
Camp Harvest is a year-round facility in the picturesque North Woods of Michigan owned and operated by Harvest Bible Chapel. Nestled in 650 acres on lakefront property, it is a special place for those who are hungry to grow in their relationship with the Lord. Camp sessions for all ages incorporate personal time in God’s Word, worship that lifts high the name of Jesus, teaching from the Scriptures, and relational opportunities with others who are seeking to know Him more. HarvestBibleChapel.org
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute on financial goals under the direction of Harvest Bible Chapel.
• Provide leadership and supervision over Camp staff, both seasonal and year round, with hiring and management.
• Promote Camp with our HBF church plants, other churches in the region, and like-minded groups.
• Create and execute the plans for excellence in programming in all areas of camp from the food to the waterfront to the games and activities.
• Develop and execute a multi-year plan for programs and growth.
• Oversee the creation and management of the camp schedule for groups of all type.
• Ensure the ongoing safety and well-being of all participants with adherence to all policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance while maintaining required records.
• Obtain required licensing and certification each year.
• Perform other duties as assigned your direct report to support the overall operations of Camp Harvest.
• 5+ years of experience in general/operational management with 50-100+ employees and P&L responsibility
• 3-5+ years of leadership experience in ministry, non-profit, or volunteer roles
• 3-5+ years of leadership experience in a camp or camp ministry.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
• Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Strong planning, organization, and executive skills with attention to detail
• Self-starter with high work ethic, urgency, and drive
• Shepherd’s heart for people
• Proficient with a PC, software, and MS Office
• Willingness to travel and public speaking
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 1/12/2017 9:20:33 PM