Search Page | Back to Results
Food Service Coordinator
To be a sanctuary of Christian hospitality, renewal and learning within God’s natural world that celebrates diversity, inspires love and service, and fulfills our special partnership with local churches in nurturing disciples and spiritual leaders.
Create and maintain spaces of sanctuary and rest through excellent food service, warm and welcoming guest spaces, and gracious customer service.
Serve guests with Christian hospitality and over-the-top grace and patience. Foster and exemplify an authentic community among kitchen staff that models Christ-like service (Philippians 2).
The kitchen will minimize waste, seek to increase efficiency, and create processes for reuse and recycling that set an example of stewardship as a Christian value for guests and the camping industry.
KEYS TO ACHIEVING THE WIN
1. Actively seek ways to better serve guests in food service remaining vigilant for opportunities to wow guests
2. Remain flexible in the midst of an ever-changing work environment and unexpected guest/program needs
3. Create/maintain a menu of quality food choices for guests while controlling food costs and waste
4. Communicate with other camp departments to foster preparedness and proactive rather than reactive hosting
5. Ensure that food is served fresh, safe, plentiful, and appropriate for the specific needs and preferences of the guests
6. Maintain kitchen equipment in safe and efficient operating order and ensure that equipment is appropriate for intended use and is used as intended
7. Create sanctuary spaces in guest accommodations through cleanliness, attention to detail, and an eye for comfort throughout Evergreen Commons
8. Address emergent issues quickly and bring additional resources in as needed
9. Hire, train, and lead hourly and seasonal staff with safety and good stewardship in a Christ-like manner
10. Perform other duties as assigned
• Since this is a lead role at a Christian Camp, an active and evident faith in Jesus is paramount
• Must be at least 25 years old
• Must be able to operate necessary equipment including commercial kitchen and cleaning equipment
• Must be able to work extended hours standing, walking, crouching, lifting, and reaching
• Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to pass a National Background Check and acquire a food handler’s card
• Must have current driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and 1.) be able to safely operate larger vehicles like 15-passenger vans or 2.) have personal vehicle willing to use for shopping trips into Silverdale and Poulsbo
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/12/2017 7:02:28 PM