Search Page | Back to Results
Health Officer Internship
Camp Lake Louise (CLL) is a premier Christian Camp located in beautiful Boyne Falls, Michigan. The Camp’s mission and vision is to be a place where people grow, by building relationships and impacting lives in a Christ-centered environment. CLL has created a paid internship program that expands on current students collegiate curriculum by providing on the job opportunities to lead and learn in a variety of ways. The CLL Internship is designed to develop high-caliber, collegiate men and women with a desire to focus on personal, professional and spiritual development.
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight for health care needs for youth camps. This role requires high standards in all aspects of health and wellness. You will serve as a role model to campers and staff by your actions, appearance, manners, language, and general conduct.
Roles and Responsibilities
● To oversee the health and safety of designated participants and staff by operating the
Health Center, administering medications, treating illness and injuries, and acting as a
liaison to parents, camp staff and health providers.
● Conduct regular Health Center hours daily to administer medication and give attention to non-emergency health needs.
● Maintain health center activity records including, but not limited to, treatment log,
medication log, near miss/accident reports, and documentation for the State of Michigan
● Review and organize health and immunization reports provided by participants. Inform camp staff of relevant health information. Enter information in appropriate databases or other formats.
● Act as a liaison between Resident Director and parents regarding health needs and relevant paperwork for staff and campers.
● Coordinate special dietary needs with Kitchen Staff.
● Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of health center treatment area and equipment.
● Inventory and order medical supplies and equipment, and replenish First Aid kits for
program staff as needed.
● Provide overnight coverage as assigned by Camp Director.
● Assist with cleanliness of the cabins, buildings, and outdoor experience of Camp
● A Growing Christian
● Desire to work with Children and Teenagers
● Must currently hold or be capable of obtaining Red Cross CPR Training and First Aid
Training. Higher qualifications preferable (RN, EMT, etc…)
● Must be capable of passing Required Background Checks
● Be able to work with others cooperatively and creatively
● Be in good health, able to participate in strenuous activities
● Be flexible and willing to support the overall life and ministry that occurs at camp
● Previous experience in a supervisory, especially with youth, preferable
Renumeration / Compensation
● Weekly/Daily Paid Stipend
● Accommodations and utilities provided
● Meals and Snacks provided
● Potential Collegiate Credit
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 1/10/2017 2:35:02 PM