Search Page | Back to Results
Executive Chef/Food Service Director
Get ready for the best summer of your life. No, seriously, we’re not kidding. Camp Cedarbrook is a great place to spend your summer. Not only is it a great missions opportunity, you make new friends and family and you impact hundreds of girls lives. You get to be in the great outdoors in New York’s Adirondack mountains instead of working inside cooking fries or folding clothes. Prepare yourself for a whole new group of best friends and an adventure you won’t forget.
Camp is an intense and fulfilling experience for people with many different skills and interests. Camp Cedarbrook in the Adirondacks, a Christian girls camp in the Adirondack mountains of New York, is looking for Christian an individual to work as our Food Service Manager. Our kitchen serves family style for 200 people a week. Responsibilities include all aspects of food preparation and general kitchen clean up. Please see our staff website (https://cedarbrookstaffblog.wordpress.com) and camp website (www.campcedarbrook.net) to learn more about us and apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. This is a paid position with room and board provided running from June 11 through August 9. Application deadline is 5/15/17.
• Must have a current Tine Test
• Must have experience in food service
• Must have ServSafe certification or training in similar field
• Must be 19 years and older
• Must have experience in managing large inventory and budget
• Must have experience in supervising multiple personnel
• Must be able to work well with others
• Must agree with the Spiritual Standard and Statement of Faith
• Must know the New York State Health Department Regulations and ACA requirements
1. Oversee the inventory and ordering of food, equipment, and supplies and arrange for the routine maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep of the camp kitchen, its equipment, and facilities.
a) Maintain inventory of food and household supplies.
b) Order food and kitchen supplies consistent with menus and enrollment counts, staying within the budget.
c) Maintain high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety and supervise staff to ensure standards are met by all.
d) Clean and maintain all food-service areas, including kitchen, dining hall, storage, kitchen recycling.
e) Inspect equipment and ensure equipment is repaired as necessary.
f) Promote practices that seek to reduce waste, reuse items, and recycle as much as possible.
2. Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service.
a) Oversee of nutritionally balanced camp meals, snacks, and pack-out food from the planned menu.
b) Ensure the service of camp meals through directing the work of other kitchen staff.
c) Ensure safe and efficient preparation and serving of camp meals.
d) Comply with all NYSDOH codes and ACA regulations and supervise staff to ensure compliance.
e) Prepare foods that taste good and offer a pleasing presentation.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
• Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds including unloading food, supplies, and equipment as needed.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards of the site and facilities and camper and staff behavior.
• Physical ability to operate kitchen equipment according to safe, recommended methods.
• Physical mobility and endurance to perform tasks while standing/walking for long periods of time (60 minutes or more).
• Ability to provide first aid and to assist campers and staff in an emergency.
• Determine cleanliness of dishes, food surfaces, and kitchen area.
• Ability to assess condition of food.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with team leader on routine operations and personnel management of the kitchen
• Maintain attitude of spiritual leadership, respect, and cooperation within the kitchen staff and volunteers
• Participate in all team and all-staff meetings and in-service training sessions
• Participate in formal and informal performance appraisal given by your team leader
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Category: Food Services
Updated: 1/4/2017 1:47:53 PM