Search Page | Back to Results
CAMP EAGLE FAMILY OF CAMPS
Title: Communications Director
Reports To: Anthony Scott, Executive Director
Job Purpose: To fulfill our mission by managing the communication of our three camps: Camp Eagle in Rocksprings, Texas, Glorieta Camps in Glorieta, New Mexico, and Camp Berachah dba Black Diamond Camps in Auburn, Washington, including aiding in communication between the executive director, the board of directors for all three camps, and internal and external constituents. This person will take charge of developing an overall communications strategy for all locations.
As a part of the Shared Services team for the Camp Eagle Family of Camps, this position will require collaboration with the Director of Shared Services, Executive Director, and the Site Directors of all three of our camps, in order to accomplish our mission and vision and upholding our values of the organization, by encouraging and initiating great communication between all of the Camp Eagle Family of Camps’ locations. The Communications Director will be expected to do whatever it takes to fulfill the duties of their role within the organization, and employ creative problem solving. This person will serve as the coordinator for all external communication and a significant amount of internal communication. Being in this role will require, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Leading by example in the area of Camp Eagle Family of Camps’ mission, vision, and values, as well as exemplifying great communication skills and cross-campus and departmental communication
• Cross-Department communications, including regular meetings with the Executive Team of all three camps and with the Director of Shared Services.
• Staff development of personnel in your department through regular evaluation and feedback, as well as training and enrichment opportunities.
-Oversee and promote the overall CEFC brand and culture
-Own the overall strategy for external communication and promotion of Camps, including online and offline communications
-Oversee the media team’s work in social media, video and design
-Coordination of prayer letters for all three camps
-Communication with donors and donor response letters
-Development of effective email and print mail campaigns that generate leads and customers
-Coordination of monthly newsletters for each campus
-Relations with past staff on events and ways they can partner with the ministry
-Tracking and measuring the KPI’s including level of engagement within the network over time
-Developing and promoting word of mouth campaigns
-Be the single point of contact/gate keeper for all web updates, coordination of email marketing, mail/print pieces, ads, social media and other marketing methods, prioritizing work in these areas
-Develop crisis plans including verbal and social media responses
-Attend and develop monthly manager meetings with the HR/Risk Manager to keep all informed of current projects
-Give regular Board of Director updates after board meetings to each campus
-Regular communication with all three camps regarding Shared Services/Executive initiatives
-Take charge of grasping the overarching goal and mission of the camp
-Act as the primary person responsible for handling all interactions with the public in the event of a crisis.
-Develop media releases to give to the public.
-Ongoing help and development of board packets presented during board meetings
-Coordinating all campus training times with all three camps
-Assisting the executive director with communication between all three camps
-Assist the executive director with external communication with the public
Other Duties of ALL Camp Eagle Family of Camps Staff:
Our camps operate year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The “ideal” candidate will have:
• Educational equivalent of bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in camping. MBA or MA is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to write, present, and develop professional pieces for the board of directors
• Ability to manage a variety of projects and people simultaneously
• Ability to lead and solve problems creatively
• Willingness to perform routine tasks regularly and on time, with deadlines weekly and monthly for most tasks
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
• Possession of conflict management tools and a mentality of Matthew 18 conflict resolution
• Ability to manage a budget and create reports
• Ability to communicate tactfully across many departments
• Ability to assess internal processes and execute effective change
• High administrative skills
• Proficiency in MS Office programs
• Ability to be flexible in addressing change while also communicating it effectively
• Keen research skills and ability to create reports.
• Ability to train and lead staff who have various communication styles.
• Ability to address crises and communicate with the public effectively
• Ability to see the big picture and anticipate the communication needs of the Shared Services department, Executive Director, and staff
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily in Glorieta, NM at our Shared Services office.
Travel: Some travel at various times of the year will be required to visit our three camps in New Mexico, Texas and Washington state as well as other locations.
• Ability to sit and focus on a singular task for several hours at a time.
• Ability to walk for long distances across varying terrain.
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Work Environment: This position will be primarily office based, but it may need to split time working equally inside/outside depending on needs of camp and busyness of season.
Compensation: Salary, On-site housing, Medical insurance, 401(k) Retirement package after one year, Paid vacation time.
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not entirely comprehensive of all tasks required by this position. You may be assigned other duties by the Director of Shared Services, Board of Directors, or Executive Director as needed to ensure the smooth running of camp and promote a positive guest experience.
Application Instructions: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 11/17/2016 12:16:56 PM