Search Page | Back to Results
Housekeeping Team Member
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a desire to live and work in a close community to serve in the much-needed role of Maintenance Technician. We are passionate about our mission statement and are looking for a like-minded person who is willing to serve alongside us. Please thoughtfully consider each part of our mission statement, job description, and description of our ministry and community before you apply.
Most communication will be handled by email at first over the next few months until the position has been filled. Initial inquiries will not be responded to immediately so as to give us time to consider the many applicants. Not all applicants will receive a response for this position.
To inspire Christ-like change through
Authentic Relationships and
The makeup of our community determines a large part of what it is like to live and work here. We have about 80 people who live on-site year round, comprised of: full-time staff, their families, gap-year students, and facilitators. Since we are so far from any large towns or cities, all of our full-time staff lives on-site. One example of our distance from town is that it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to the closest Walmart in Kerrville. Camp Eagle is a beautiful place with many natural resources but calls for somewhat remote living. Our staff is fairly active and involved within our community and ministry. Generally we like good food, playing outdoors, working hard as we are very passionate about our mission statement. We encourage applicants, at a further stage in the hiring process, to visit and ask many questions from various staff about what it is like to live and work here. Camp Eagle recently went through a fast growth period and is seeking to be excellent in all we do and become a leader in our industry. However, just like each of us, we have many shortcomings but hope to use even those to serve Jesus Christ. Does that sound like something you want to do?
The Bible is God's written revelation to man; and that it is verbally inspired, authoritative and without error in the original manuscript.
Jesus Christ is God's Son, born of a virgin. His sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for the redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for all who believe, and his return in power and glory.
God's Holy Spirit performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers, enabling them to live a godly life.
Man was created in the image of God, but because of sin, was alienated from God. Only through faith in Christ alone for salvation, which was made possible by His death and resurrection, can that alienation be removed and eternal life secured.
If you have further questions regarding Camp Eagle's statement of faith or testimony, please contact email@example.com.
Title: Housekeeping Team Member
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Job Purpose: As part of the Housekeeping team of Camp Eagle, you will work together to fulfill our mission and to give guests a great experience by cleaning and keeping clean the inside and outside of all buildings at all times and to create, uphold, and organize systems that foster an enjoyable and efficient cleaning process for all types of rooms on the property.
- Maintain the cleanliness, upkeep, organization, and functionality of all cleaning rooms, guest rooms, public spaces, and any other locations as necessary
- Oversee the cleanliness and upkeep of all guest rooms, public spaces, and any other locations as necessary, by checking off those working under you using a checklist
- Work with full time employees, seasonal employees, and gap-year students on a daily or weekly basis to assist in the cleaning of all guest rooms, public spaces, and any other locations as necessary
- Occasionally take inventory and handle the ordering of all necessary cleaning supplies or linens, etc.
- Maintain the pulling and disposing of public trash from around camp
- Maintain the laundry room and wash linens in a timely and efficient manner
- Frequently remain on-call 24 hours a day to meet guest needs as requested
- Prepare camp for guest arrival by opening rooms, checking A/C, turning on lights, etc., as well as oversee and assist in the cleaning and closing down of guest rooms after departure
- Regularly participate in Guest Services team meetings and other all camp staff meetings
Other Duties of ALL Camp Eagle Staff:
Camp Eagle operates year-round. We have guests on the premises almost every day of the year. Serving guests is our number one priority, and therefore ALL staff must participate in guest service in some capacity. Tasks may include cooking, cleaning, facilitating group activities, running retail locations, general maintenance of camp property, and work projects as needed. There are often groups here on weekends, and all staff members will be required to work certain weekends as needed.
Education, Abilities, Skills, Experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Educational equivalent of high school diploma
- Ability to relate to guests of all ages in a professional and friendly manner
- Ability to manage peers, CE full time staff, gap-year students, and summer staff in a positive, respectful, and encouraging way when they are helping to clean under your supervision
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, typing, basic math, basic computer functions, and organization
- Be detail-oriented in lists, check-off sheets, and record-keeping
- Have a skill of being detail-oriented and organized in all other areas, such as keeping up with products and spaces
- Willingness to perform routine tasks regularly and on time, with deadlines weekly and monthly for most tasks
- Passion for cleaning, problem solving, fixing things, making things beautiful, leading by serving, stewardship
Attitude of service, enthusiasm, taking initiative, willingness to learn, integrity, and flexibility
Work Context: This job will be performed primarily on location at Camp Eagle, TX
Travel: There will be some travel periodically for trainings
Ability to lift 60 lbs, sit in office, hike, stand all day, bend, squat, be on hands and knees cleaning all day, climb stairs, be around strong cleaning chemicals on a daily basis
Will consistently work indoors and outdoors in summer, winter, and rainy weather
Compensation: salary, on-site housing, medical insurance, 401(k) Retirement package after one year, and paid vacation time
Disclaimer: This Job Description is not a complete picture of all tasks, duties, or community responsibilities and is subject to change at any time at the discretion of the director
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 10/19/2016 1:37:16 PM