Search Page | Back to Results
Camp Lake Louise Camp & Retreat Center
Camp Lake Louise was founded in 1937 as Lake Louise Baptist Camp. Our mission is to provide a place where campers can come to know God, love God, and learn to serve God through developing faith in Jesus Christ.
About the Role
The Executive Director will be responsible for overall creative vision for Camp Lake Louise, while empowering leadership for the operations, promotion, and fundraising. The Executive Director will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of Camp Lake Louise, ensuring all activities are performed within the stated purposes and Christian mission of Camp Lake Louise.
The Executive Director will work closely with the Board in developing a long-term strategic plan and evolving the vision for Camp Lake Louise. The Executive Directly will be responsible for:
● Implementing and upholding all Board policies
● Developing organizational policies for the Board to review and approve
● Providing regular reports on progress towards organizational objectives and financial status of the organization ● Reporting concerns and action plans to the board.
The Executive Director will oversee all day-to-day operations of Camp Lake Louise, including hiring of all employees, performance management of all employees, and assisting with the creation and development of programs and general camp activities. The Executive Director will be expected to monitor the effectiveness of all programs by tracking attendance levels, and costs of all programs. Working closely with the board, the Executive Director will provide all
financial strategies and fundraising efforts for the organization, including responsibility financial integrity and fiscal management of the organization.
The Executive Director will be the face of Camp Lake Louise, responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships. These relationships will include liaising with the American Baptist Churches of Michigan, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Michigan and others. The Executive Director will also work with Psalm68:FIVE Ministries, recognizing an emerging focus of the camp is serving the needs of fatherless children and their families . This includes serving as the key communicator of our mission, enthusiastically representing Camp Lake Louise to the community and donors.
Skills and Experience
● 5+ years of organizational leadership, management, and administration experience (preferred experience working with faith based organizations).
● Experience creating and managing mid to large financial budgets.
● Experience in evaluating programs to help lead the Board and staff in guiding future development of current and new programs of the ministry.
● Strong communication skills and experience in public speaking and non-profit
● Ability to lead a cross functional group for policy creation and development.
● Strong team leadership skills with the ability to inspire employees while creating a cohesive team.
● Devoted follower of Jesus Christ who exudes high integrity and character through faith.
Perks and Benefits
● Competitive Salary
● Medical plan & benefits (based on need)
● Housing allowance (based on need & experience)
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Executive Director
Updated: 2/6/2017 7:12:53 AM