Search Page | Back to Results
HoneyRock Tansportation and Grounds Coordinator
Transportation and Grounds Coordinator
This position reports to the Site Manager to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock through stewardship of its vehicles, grounds, and operational and program equipment and developing the people who work in those areas. On-site housing is an option depending on family size and available space. This is a permanent, full-time position located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. This is a level 4 role within the HoneyRock Leadership Progression. (40/12)
1. Developmental coaching and discipleship of the students, seasonal staff, and campers who serve in Site and Facilities Department: Fulfill the mission of HoneyRock through the leadership progression, internships, and various programs as participants serve in operations as part of their experience at HoneyRock. Foster culture of developmental coaching and vocational discipleship through growth producing experiences and training as appropriate.
2. Manage transportation, fleet, and equipment: Provide effective and cost efficient stewardship of HoneyRock’s transportation and equipment by coordinating logistics, completing repairs, fleet composition, and coordination with outside vendors as appropriate. Supervise appropriate budget lines and undergraduate and graduate students who work in these areas. Train all drivers of HoneyRock vehicles based on policies of Wheaton College transportation.
3. Supervise upkeep and improvement of the HoneyRock grounds: Provide ongoing supervision of equipment and personnel to meet facility and guest needs. This includes road maintenance, landscaping, snow removal, lawn care, and waste removal. Supervise appropriate budget lines and undergraduate and graduate students who work in these areas.
4. Administrative planning and coordination: Provide administrative planning and support as a member of the core permanent staff of HoneyRock by participating in HoneyRock strategic planning, staff retreats, ministry assessment, and task forces as requested.
5. Share building maintenance for HoneyRock facilities with site and facilities team. Assist with implementation of preventative maintenance plan. Resolve facility or program area emergencies as needed by staff and guests. Participate in site and facility team planning and implementation.
6. Volunteer Supervision and Training: Recruit skilled volunteers (donors of expertise) and provide positive experiences for those who come to HoneyRock to serve in operational areas.
7. Liaison to Wheaton College: Work with director to build key relationships with Wheaton College personnel and departments for the purpose of administrative logistics, strategic planning and resource acquisition. This includes participating in appropriate campus committees and meetings.
8. Resource: Serve as a resource for any additional functions.
1. Bachelors degree required. Willingness to complete core courses in Outdoor and Adventure Leadership through Wheaton Graduate School.
2. Demonstrated passion and skills in discipleship, vocational mentoring, and personnel development
3. 5 years experience in trades related to the areas noted above.
4. Ability to work well with others.
5. Ability to drive vehicles and operate equipment (backhoe, skid steer, chain saws, snow plow, etc.).
6. Ability to lift 50 or more pounds and work in outdoor environment.
7. Management and supervision skills.
8. Ability to work independently and accept supervision—self-directed work.
9. ASE certified in minimum of 4 areas: A1-Engine Repair, A8-Engine Performance, A2-Automatic Trans, A5-Brakes.
10. Ability to read technical manuals, computer literate.
11. Posses or obtain CDL/passenger endorsement.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Updated: 5/6/2016 4:13:31 PM
Wheaton College Human Resources