Search Page | Back to Results
Responsible for getting meals out on time and up to the standard that is expected, completing the clean-up from a meal and prepping for the next day’s meals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Required to get meals out on time and at the expectation of the Executive Chef’s quality standard
• Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and storeroom (work clean)
• Notify Executive Chef of needed repairs or Safety issues.
• Maintain an inventory of needed supplies; notifying the Executive Chef of any items that needs to be ordered.
• Complete dishes from any given meal in a timely manner.
• Read next day’s menu to make pulls and prep what needs to be done.
• Maintains food expectations and presentation at all times.
• Ensures that guest needs are met at all times.
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace*
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith, and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possesses interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests
• Possesses excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities
• Is teachable in managerial and interpersonal skills, is self-directed, flexible, creative and a good communicator.
• Enjoys and relates well with others, exhibiting patience and a strong Christian witness.
• Must obtain a food handler’s certificate.
• Must be able to cook a meal start to finish for at least 50 people by yourself
• Able to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE
• This position will average 30 - 40 hours per week, in a five-day workweek. As the seasonal guest group activity expends a longer six-day workweek can occasionally be anticipated. During slower periods, less than 30 hours will be required and working in other departments can be expected as well.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. All personnel may be required by their immediate supervisor to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Time: Full-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 6/22/2017 11:25:27 AM