Search Page | Back to Results
SKYVIEW RANCH APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
The apprenticeship program at Skyview Ranch exists to facilitate experiential learning in a camp ministry environment while providing both biblical discipleship and leadership training for LIFE IMPACT. This 10-month program provides an experience that is both structured and intentional for each individual and provides an environment for experiential learning designed to equip our apprentices for spiritual development and growth, ministry awareness, and ministry readiness. The four primary elements for the Apprenticeship Program at Skyview Ranch are:
1. Organizational Leadership Courses – SVR partners with Clarks Summit University and Pilgrimage Educational Resources to provide courses for both undergraduates and graduates. It is important for all apprentices to complete this program—whether taken for course credit or not—as it provides consistent footing for our experiential learning process.
2. GROW System – The GROW system is our primary discipleship tool used for learning, relating, equipping, and mentoring.
3. On-Track Devotions – The On-Track devotions provide individuals with the skills and discipline for effective, daily Bible study—it will take an inductive study approach for individuals to observe, interpret, apply, and implement Scripture into their daily lives.
4. Wilderness Trip – The Wilderness trip is the culmination of everything the apprentices will learn throughout their program experience and builds upon it by taking them to the next level in a new learning environment.
The following elements serve as supportive ingredients to the program:
- 6 apprentices
- First week: intentional off-site apprenticeship training
- Second week: intentional on-site apprenticeship training
- 10 month schedule (including camp conference and summer recruiting trips)
- Mentor training
- Mentor and Mentee expectations and partnerships
- Weekend hosting responsibilities
- Weekly mentor/mentee meetings
- Weekly Executive Director meetings
- Organizational Leadership courses
- GROW system (levels 1&2)
- On-Track Daily Devotions
- Wilderness Trip (GROW system levels 3&4)
HELPFUL PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- Service in the area of youth, children, or camping ministry
- Service in a focused area of ministry for an extended period of time (ex. yearlong mission trip, internship, etc)
- High school graduate pursuing higher education
- College/university graduate pursuing continued education with a ministry focus (ex. Christian camping ministry, full-time ministry, Christian education)
FINANCIAL AND LODGING ARRANGEMENTS:
Apprentices are provided on-site housing, meals and/or kitchen access, and a $100 weekly stipend. In addition, all travel related costs to local and regional camp tours; registration and lodging at the NARBC and CCCA annual sectional conference; and all costs related to other various SVR trips and events planned throughout the year.
- Have a sincere love for God and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Able to articulate the work of the Gospel in one’s own life
- Participate in the entire duration of the program, August through May
- Actively involved in Christian ministry
- Show an aptitude for servant leadership
- Maintain a teachable spirit
- Enthusiasm for contributing to a learning and teaching environment
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to teach and lead a group of students
- Able to organize oneself and communicate effectively
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work within assigned deadlines
- Express a desire to serve the church in some capacity
- Physically demanding work requires the ability to lift 25 pounds or more routinely
- Available to regularly work long and varied hours including some weekends and some holidays
- Sufficient maturity to live in community with other staff members in shared housing
- Signed, personal agreement with Camp Covenant and Apprenticeship Contract
For more information or to complete our application, visit the Apprentice Program page of our website: http://www.skyviewranch.org/about/apprenticeship-program. On that page, you will also find links to Apprentice Program FAQ’s, a detailed outline of the program, and reference forms to be completed and returned to Skyview. Your references should include one of each of the following: a Christian Leader (pastor, youth pastor/leader, school chaplain); an employer, teacher, or school administrator; and a personal friend who knows you well. ALL REFERENCES BEFORE MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE EMPLOYMENT WILL BE OFFERED.
Category: Support Staff / Intern
Updated: 3/14/2017 12:51:46 PM