Search Page | Back to Results
Weekend Food Service Worker
Responsible for either getting meals out on time and up to the standard that is expected, completing the clean-up from a meal, and prepping for the next day’s meals and/or responsible for the operations of the Dining Room; ensuring that the needs of the guests are being met in a gracious and hospitable manner in accordance with the Executive Chef’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Required to get meals out on time and at the expectation of the Executive Chef’s quality standard
• Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and storeroom
• Notify the Executive Chef of needed repairs or safety issues.
• Maintain an inventory of needed supplies; notifying the Executive Chef of any items that needs to be ordered.
• Complete dishes from any given meal in a timely manner.
• Read next day’s menu to make pulls and prep what needs to be done.
• Maintain food expectations and presentation at all times.
• Ensure that guest needs are met at all times.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the Dining Room
• Maintain an inventory of needed supplies; notifying the Executive Chef of any items that need to be ordered.
• Organize seating for groups and ensures that tables are appropriately set.
• Coordinate with the Executive Chef on staggered meal times.
• Maintain food on buffet tables during meal times and is also responsible for the up keep and cleaning of buffet tables.
• Welcome the groups at the door and announces cleanup procedures to the groups.
• Visit with guest while going through the buffet line to ensure guest needs are being meant.
• Coordinate with Executive Chef on weekly clean ups to ensure they are completed.
• Ensure that guest comment cards are available for adult groups.
• Maintain a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
• Wash dishes if needed.
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace*
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith, and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possesses interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests
• Possesses excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities
• Is proficient in basic Microsoft applications (Windows, Office, etc.)
• Enjoys and relates well with others, exhibiting patience and a strong Christian witness.
• Must obtain a food handler’s certificate.
• Able to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift a
minimum of 25 pounds.
This position has flexible hours, but would generally require working Friday night 4-8:30, Saturday 12-8:30, and Sunday 6-2:30 or 8-4:30.
Time: Part-Time Year Round
Category: Food Services
Updated: 6/24/2015 3:56:52 PM