Search Page | Back to Results
Get ready for the best summer of your life. No, seriously, we’re not kidding. Camp Cedarbrook is a great place to spend your summer. Not only is it a great missions opportunity, you make new friends and family and you impact hundreds of girls lives. You get to be in the great outdoors in New York’s Adirondack mountains instead of working inside cooking fries or folding clothes. Prepare yourself for a whole new group of best friends and an adventure you won’t forget.
Camp is an intense and fulfilling experience for people with many different skills and interests. Camp Cedarbrook in the Adirondacks, a Christian girls camp in the Adirondack mountains of New York, is looking for Christian women to serve as counselors. Positions are available to work with girls aged 7-17. Please see our staff website (https://cedarbrookstaffblog.wordpress.com) and camp website (www.campcedarbrook.net) to learn more about us and apply online or email email@example.com for questions. This is a paid position with room and board provided running from June 11 through August 9. Application deadline is 5/15/17.
• Must be 18 years or older in age
• Must have experience working with horses
• Must have experience caring for horses including knowledge of horse health, (horse) first aid, and feeding guidelines.
• Must have certification as a riding instructor.
• Must have spiritual and emotional maturity
• Must agree with the Spiritual Standard and Statement of Faith
1. Manage the physical facilities and equipment in the horsemanship program area, under the supervision of the horsemanship specialist.
• Assist in setting up horseback riding area prior to and during staff training.
• Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
• Manage daily care of the camp’s horses.
• Assist with initial and end-of-season inventory.
• Check equipment and make (or file for) repairs.
• Review horses for health needs, behavior issues, and tack needs.
• Conduct daily check of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Communicate needs for equipment and supplies to horsemanship specialist in a timely manner.
• Assist in packing all materials and supplies at the end of the season.
2. Supervise groom aides in their barn duties.
• Create schedule for groom aides with approval of horsemanship specialist.
• Ensure safety procedures are followed by groom aides.
• Oversee the work of groom aides to ensure excellent care for horses.
3. Teach and assist activities, as assigned.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in training during pre-camp and in-service training during camp.
• Assist in other camp duties as requested by team leader or director.
• Participate in formal and informal performance appraisal given by horsemanship specialist and team leader.
• Participate in team and all-staff prayer meetings as work schedule permits.
• Contribute to a positive spirit of cooperation with other staff members.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 11/21/2016 10:23:35 AM