Search Page | Back to Results
Girls' Horse Camp Head Counselor
The Head Counselor will work directly with the Horsemanship Director to plan and implement camp activities and programs. She will have a strong growing relationship with Jesus Christ and be a spiritual support for the counselors and campers. The Head Counselor will be a support system for the counselors during the week, will cover for the counselors if they need time off, and will be there to encourage the counselors. The Head Counselor will make sure that the counselors have all the tools they need to have a successful week of camp.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend all devotional and Bible study meetings.
• Teaches at assigned campfires.
• Assist campers with their personal devotionals and materials.
• Assist campers in daily activities as needed.
• Responsible for the campers’ care, safety, and wellbeing.
• Responsible for camper supervision 24 hours a day while on duty.
• Looks for and makes use of teachable moments.
• Keep campers on schedule and arriving on time to all activities.
• Prays for the campers.
• Assists in the mentoring of the wranglers in training
• Responsible for the set-up and tear down of evening activities
• Directs evening activities
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace*
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith, and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possesses interpersonal skills such as are required to maintain positive relations with both staff and guests
• Possesses excellent customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and demeanor
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• First Aid and CPR certified. (will train)
• Experience and enjoys working with girls.
• Able to lead and direct youth.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 2/6/2015 12:29:22 PM