Search Page | Back to Results
Base and Launch Camp Counselor
The Launch and Base Camp Leadership are responsible to ensure safety and promote spiritual growth through activities and personal example for program camps at Palomar Christian Conference Center. They may be asked to help in other areas of the camp programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the campers in all aspects of the camp’s programs; facilitating activities, preparing theme days, participating in skits or dances during Summit, cleaning and keeping church facilities in an orderly fashion, leading summit devotions, and overseeing all counselors, and ensuring smooth operations throughout the week.
• Supervise campers in all daily activities (as needed).
• Participate in staff bible studies when not running camps.
• Assist with wild land fire emergencies.
• Responsible for the campers’ care, safety, and well-being.
• Responsible for counselor supervision 24 hours a day while on duty.
• Responsible for running all events, including but not limited to, summit, all camp rec, activity set up, and devotions.
• Keep counselors on schedule and arriving on time to all activities.
• Look for and make use of teachable moments.
• Pray for the staff, campers, and churches.
• Maintains a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace.
• Keep regular, timely attendance while maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace
* These duties are not exhaustive; with consideration of the job requirements and employee’s skills, this job description may be amended at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrates a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, exercising personal faith through consistent daily living in accordance to God’s Word
• Understands the mission of Palomar Christian Conference Center and is in agreement with its Statement of Faith, and submits all other goals and desires to that main goal
• Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to lead and direct youth.
• Able to lead and direct college-aged students
• Ensures that he/she could lead or introduce campers to Jesus Christ as Savior.
• Possesses good customer service skills and presents a professional appearance and manner.
• Possesses strong attention to detail and organization while managing multiple priorities.
• Must be willing to be trained on high ropes course elements.
• Athletic lifestyle.
• Experience and enjoys working with students of all ages, elementary to college.
Time: Full-Time Seasonal
Updated: 6/22/2017 12:03:59 PM